Many are the myths and realities of recycling! Let’s find out the truth about 8 misconceptions.
1. Containers must be rinsed prior to recycling
2. Packaging must be embedded
3. Lids must be removed from containers
4. A can, bottle or piece of plastic with a label cannot be recycled as it is a mixed material
5. The Möbius loop indicates that the product or packaging is recyclable
6. Recycling glass consumes too many resources
False! Yes, the glass is extremely energy and water intensive. Once collected and sorted, the glass is reshaped at 1400°C before being transformed into new bottles and jars.
However, contrary to what we might think, glass recycling is far less impactful than making brand new glass.