You want to know more about recycling paper and cardboard in Quebec? From collection to reuse, sorting and processing, it all starts with what goes into the blue bin!
What goes in the bin:
- Newspapers, flyers, catalogues, magazines
- Sheets of paper (including staples) and envelopes
- Boxes of cereals, frozen foods, laundry soap, shoes, tubes and rolls of cardboard, etc.
- Flat cardboard boxes
- Cardboard rolls
- File folders
- Paper bags
- Multi-ply cartons of milk and juice (e.g., Tetra Pak type containers)
- Egg cartons
- Brown grocery paper bags
- Promotional inserts
- Lottery tickets
Separation of paper and cardboard in sorting centres
Quality and characterization of bales
What markets for paper and paperboard recycling materials in Quebec?
What outlets for recycled paper and cardboard?
- Fold your cartons before putting them in the collection bin, to optimize the filling of the bins.
- Do not leave leftover food in packages.
- Avoid cutting paper into small pieces, as this reduces the length of cellulose fibers and makes recycling more difficult.